Suzuka, Japan, Oct 4, 2012 (AFP) - German Nico Hulkenberg insisted Thursday that nothing had been decided about his future plans amid widespread speculation that he had been approached by Ferrari for 2013.
The Force India driver said reports that he could replace Brazilian Felipe Massa in the Italian team were not distracting him from the task of doing well in this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.
"I'm just concentrating on my job here and that's all for now," said the 25-year-old.
"If you do a good job... things can happen. Journalists put you into various seats, but it's all hypothetical."
He added that the recent news that Briton Lewis Hamilton will move to Mercedes next year had seen a shake-up in the drivers' market.
"There is still lots of speculation out there, but all I can say is that for my future nothing has been announced yet. We have to wait a bit more.
"There is talks with this team, Force India, and there is still a chance that I will race here."
He added that -- after two seasons racing with Williams and Force India -- he felt ready to step into a major team at the front of the grid.