MONTREAL, June 06, 2013 (AFP) - Brazilian Felipe Massa insisted on Thursday that he has suffered no loss of confidence after recovering from two big accidents at last month's Monaco Grand Prix.
The Ferrari driver said that although it looked as if the two crashes were similar and may have been caused by driver error, one was actually due to a car failure -- and he felt fine.
Asked if the accidents had dented his confidence, Massa replied: "No, for sure not.
"On the television, the accidents looked very similar, but they were completely different. The first one I just locked the wheels and went
straight, and for the second I had a problem with the suspension.
"Overall I'm fine. I just felt a bit of pain in my neck after because the crashes took place in the same place and in the same direction, but it was just muscles. I'm fine, everything is fine."
Massa lost control of his Ferrari at the end of the start-finish straight in Monte Carlo and after hitting a barrier on his left, slid straight into the
barriers at Sainte Devote.
Driver error was accountable for the first accident, but following a detailed inspection of Massa's car, Ferrari discovered a suspension failure was at fault for the second.
Massa required trackside assistance, with his neck put in a brace, prior to undergoing precautionary checks at the Princesse Grace hospital following his crash in the race on Sunday, May 26.
But he said on Thursday that he felt 100 percent fine to climb in his Ferrari again and go to the limit once more on one of the most hazardous circuits on the calendar in this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix.