YEONGAM, South Korea, Oct 03, 2013 (AFP) - Dumped Ferrari driver Felipe Massa insisted Thursday that he has "some good opportunities" for next season following his high-profile axing.
The famed Italian team last month announced a significant shake-up, saying it was getting rid of the Brazilian and replacing him with former world
champion Kimi Raikkonen, currently of Lotus.
The Fernando Alonso-Raikkonen combination would arguably be the strongest pairing in the sport.
"We talk with a few teams and I don't think it's the right time to speak about that," Massa, 32, told a press conference in the build-up to Sunday's
Korean Grand Prix.
"I think it's the right time when you know where you are going. For the moment we are aware of some good opportunities. It's better to wait and say at
the right time."
Ferrari decided to move Massa out after eight seasons, the last couple in particular being blighted by inconsistency.
He had been in grave danger of losing his seat last season but held on after an improved second half to that campaign.
But he was not able to save himself this time.
"I'm quite optimistic that I'm going to find a good direction, a good solution," he said.
"I want to have a car that can give me some good possibilities to fight, not a car in which I would not have a chance to fight.
"So if I have that, I am interested."