October 29th, 2013 (F1plus/GMM).- Mercedes on Tuesday refused to confirm or deny the latest speculation about Ross Brawn's future.
Former F1 team owner and boss Eddie Jordan, who now works as a pundit for British television BBC and has a reputation for getting his predictions right, said the 58-year-old Briton is carrying ahead with his threat to leave the Brackley based team at the end of the season.
In Japan, Brawn warned he might exit if his position as team principal is not confirmed.
And last weekend in India, he admitted the transition to Paddy Lowe running the team will take place "at some point".
"Now we are having discussions about what is the best solution for the team in the future," Brawn told F1's official website a few days ago.
"When we are ready we will let everybody know."
Jordan's prediction on Tuesday, however, has only reinforced the perception in the paddock that Brawn's mind is already made up.
Still, Mercedes is saying nothing.
"A spokesman did not comment specifically on the story," a report by the Press Association news agency said on Tuesday.
The spokesman reportedly added that a decision about Brawn's future is still not due until the end of the season.
In any case, Brawn's future at Mercedes has been under increased doubt over the past few months with Paddy Lowe coming over from McLaren earlier in the year. He has long been viewed as the former Ferrari technical director's successor at the Brackley based outfit.
Lowe signed to join Mercedes last winter with the speculated intention of him replacing Brawn for the 2013 season. However those plans changed as the 'Silver Arrows' looked for a "soft transition" and said Brawn's future was in his own destiny.